I’m the Chief Data Scientist at DataCamp, an education company for teaching data science through interactive online courses. My interests include statistics, data analysis, education, and programming in R.
I’m the co-author with Julia Silge of the tidytext package and the O’Reilly book Text Mining with R. I’m also the author of the broom, gganimate, and fuzzyjoin packages, and of the e-book Introduction to Empirical Bayes.
I previously worked as a data scientist at Stack Overflow, and received a PhD in Quantitative and Computational Biology from Princeton University.
- Text Mining with R: A Tidy Approach: a guide to drawing insights from text using the tidytext package in R. Co-authored with Julia Silge, and published by O’Reilly in July 2017. Also available for free online.
- Introduction to Empirical Bayes: Examples from Baseball Statistics. An e-book demonstrating the statistical method of empirical Bayes, based on the example of estimating baseball batting averages.
- broom: Convert messy model outputs to a tidy format, for use with tools such as dplyr and tidyr.
- gganimate: Create animations within the grammar of graphics
- fuzzyjoin: Join tables based on inexact matching of columns
- tidytext: Analyze text using tidy packages such as dplyr, ggplot2, and tidyr
- stackr: R package for connecting to the Stack Exchange API
- Johnson EL, Robinson D.G., Coller HA. (2017) Widespread changes in mRNA stability contribute to quiescence-specific gene expression patterns in a fibroblast model of quiescence. BMC Genomics 2017, 18(1):123.
- Robinson, D.G. (2015) broom: An R package for converting statistical analysis objects into tidy data frames. arXiv preprint. arXiv:1412.3565 [stat.CO].
- Robinson, D.G., Wang, J., and Storey, J.D. (2014) A nested parallel experiment demonstrates differences in intensity-dependence between RNA-seq and microarrays. biorXiv preprint. doi:10.1101/013342.
- Robinson, D.G. and Storey, J.D. (2014) subSeq: Determining appropriate sequencing depth through efficient read subsampling. Bioinformatics, 30 (23): 3424-3426. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btu552.
- Robinson, D.G., Chen, W., Storey, J.D., and Gresham, D. (2014) Design and Analysis of Bar-seq Experiments. G3: Genes/Genomes/Genetics, 4(1), 11-18
- Robinson, D.G., Lee, M.C. and Marx, C.J. (2012) OASIS: an automated program for global investigation of bacterial and archaeal insertion sequences. Nucleic Acids Research, 10.1093/nar/gks778.
About This Site
This site is powered by Jekyll using the Minimal Mistakes theme. All blog posts are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. The favicon and logo were created by Thomas Lin Pedersen.
All opinions and views are my own and do not represent my employer.