Introduction to R package: broom
Welcome to the webpage for the Princeton OPR seminar: Introduction to R package: broom.
You’ll need to install:
- Install the latest version of R (3.2.3), which can be done here. If you already have R installed, make sure your version is at least 3.2.0: if it’s not, upgrade!
- Install RStudio, which can be found here.
You’ll need to install several R packages, which you can do in R with:
install.packages(c("ggplot2", "dplyr", "tidyr", "broom"))
- Live Code Feed
- R Error Message Cheat Sheet: contains some common R error messages. If you get an error while running a line that you expect to work (perhaps because you saw it on the screen), you can check these examples. (In particular, check your spelling and capitalization carefully).
- Data Wrangling Cheat Sheet: this sheet is a great summary of dplyr and tidyr operations, two packages used today.
- Resources for future learning A page of additional resources for learning R
We’ll be studying a set of United Nations voting data that can be found here:
- Anton Strezhnev; Erik Voeten, 2013, “United Nations General Assembly Voting Data”, hdl:1902.1/12379 UNF:5:s7mORKL1ZZ6/P3AR5Fokkw== Erik Voeten [Distributor] V7 [Version]
You can download it using the following line of code:
And load the descriptions dataset with: